A small change can make a big difference. Happy New Year! Are you ready to make it a NEW year? We are hearing so much right now about setting goals and resolutions for the new year. Did you know about 75 % of these commitments are forgotten after the first 3-4 weeks into the new year. To really change a habit requires a lifestyle change.
There are three steps to help make that lifestyle change. They rhyme so it will be easy to remember: 1. Intention – Be clear of what you really want.
2. Attention– Focus on what you want to happen and focus on it every day.
3. No Tension – Let go of the outcome. Surrender to what happens along the way, such as interruptions, delays. Don’t focus on When (the time it takes to accomplish) Don’t focus on How (it will manifest as God sees fit). When we surrender and let God, magic happens. Meanwhile we are learning lessons that help us raise to a higher consciousness and our purpose in life. The sooner we learn to let go of the outcome, the happier we will be, and the happier we are, the sooner we will manifest what we want.
Have you noticed some people who let go of things easily are happier, while others who hold onto things for dear life are frustrated and miserable trying to figure out how to get happy? In order to open yourself to the magic that is waiting for you, it’s important to let go of the past and release anything that may be holding you back. Everything we own carries an energy with it, so how can we improve that energy?
During the waning moon is the best time to get rid of things in our life which no longer serve us. That allows a small change to show up and open ourselves to bigger and better things in our life. Using Feng Shui and the waning moon energy to help, it will be easier to make that small change that will make a big difference.
Make a lifestyle change using the three steps above and following theses suggestions for 9 days:
Each day for nine days in a row give or throw away 27 items…. just 27 items. 1. Notice what you are hanging onto.. Do you love it or are you afraid to let it go because you might need it in ten years?
2. Look at every piece of clothing in your closet and ask yourself if you want to carry it into the future with the new you. If not give it away or donate it.
3.Book shelves can be cleared of things that no longer speak to you. We are continuing to raise to a higher vibration. New books, videos and CD’s are waiting for room in your expanded life.
4. Outdated food, vitamins and old medicines that remind you of an old illness, no longer serves your higher purpose. Give away your abundance of foods that you no longer need and throw away the outdated.
5. Kitchen cupboards can be a place of unsightly clutter such as plastic boxes that held food from the grocery store. You deserve to have pretty cupboards with attractive dishes for everyday enjoyment. Get rid of appliances and pots and pans that you do not use because you already have new ones that took their place, and are keeping the old ones for “extra”. Instead keep the quality, select few that work well and you enjoy using every day.
6. Clear the counter/work space as much as you can. Put appliances used infrequently inside cabinets.
7. Give away things that have an unpleasant memory.
After 9 days are over, take a final look around. Do you feel the change? Do you like the way it feels? Then decide if you are ready to do more? The basement, the attic, other bedrooms and closets may be begging you to come and make room for the important things in your life. Then notice what happens in your life and watch for miracles.
When you let go of physical things that carry old energy, you create space and freedom for new energies. You are likely to notice a greater ease in letting go of old ideas that no longer serve. A small change can make a big difference in your sense of awareness and happiness.
Try it you’ll like it!