The best way to keep your immune system healthy is to love your lymph and move it to prevent stagnation and congestion. Consider these smart lymph-moving techniques to support healthy lymph flow:
- Diaphragmatic breathing or “belly breathing” increases metabolism and stamina, plus improves sleep quality. Take a deep breath through your nose. You will feel your stomach rise. Continue to breathe into your chest. Exhale slowly through your mouth, emptying your lungs completely and letting your stomach fall. With daily practice, diaphragmatic breathing forms the basis for many relaxation techniques, such as yoga and Tai Chi. As you slow down the mind and thoughts, it is a form of self-repair.
- Rebounding and bouncing helps pump and decongest lymphatic fluid. Dancing is a beautiful way to move the lymph.
- Eat more green vegetables. They are alkalizing and move lymph. Increase seaweed intake because it naturally contains iodine, which supports healthy lymph.
- Walking is easily accessible for everyone, either outside or simply walk in place.
- Perform a loving lymphatic self-massage with gentle pressure because lymph is right under the skin. Dry skin brushing is very beneficial to move the lymph.
- Invest in an infrared sauna, which allows the body to sweat out toxins.
- Use a standing desk instead of sitting all the time.
Eliminating toxins from the lymphatic system is equally as important to help renew and keep the body healthy. Foods can either help or hinder the flow of lymph in the body. To cleanse the lymphatic system, avoid “chemical foods” that contain artificial preservatives, flavors, colors, and stabilizers found in prepared, packaged, and fast foods. These foods tend to clog the lymphatic system. The further away from the natural whole food the product is, the more likely it is to clog your lymphatic system.
Recent studies found that 80 percent of overweight women or women with cellulite have sluggish lymphatic systems. Getting this system flowing smoothly is the key to manageable weight loss and improved feelings of well-being.
Practice these smart moves to increase vigor, strength and endurance and maintain a healthy lymph and immune system.